- Are President Obama’s cabinet appointments living up to his ethical rhetoric?
- Was it a good idea for the House Republicans to unanimously oppose the $819 billion stimulus package?
U.S. Foreign Policy
- Will the Obama administration be able to capitalize on Syria’s renewed interest in improving relations with the United States?
- What can the United States do to improve the chaotic violence occurring in Mexico?
- Should the United States act to try and prevent the Chinese government from manipulating their currency?
- Can an enormous increase in government deficit spending stimulate the economy?
- What are the prospects for balancing the long-term United States budget?
- Does the recent increase in government expenditures raise the threat of inflation?
- What do the recent political demonstrations in Moscow mean for Russia?
- What implications will the recent Iraqi elections have for the Middle East as a region?
Sample Quiz Questions
- What state has decided to suspend their tax refunds for at least thirty days to deal with their budget crisis? (California)
- In America, what is the difference between monetary and fiscal policy? (monetary: policy concerning the money supply, fiscal: policy concerning government expenditures and revenues)
- What has been the major point of opposition to Hillary Clinton’s nomination for Secretary of State? (foreign donations to Bill Clinton’s foundation)